The Newark International Airport Managers Council (NIAMCO), with the coordination and support of the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey (PANYNJ), is proud to announce the Inaugural Sue Baer 5K at Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR). Sue Baer, an aviation pioneer, former General Manager, leader, friend and mentor at EWR is NIAMCO’s inspiration to hold this event. The cooperation and coordination with the PANYNJ was essential and embraced the challenge.
Be among the very first to take advantage of being a part of this Inaugural Run. Join us as you can earn bragging rights by running a runway at one of the busiest airports in the United States. The course will take you on Runway 11/29, the east west runway at EWR, and adjacent taxiways. Feel the thrill of running while watching aircraft take off and land with the NYC skyline as a backdrop. The course is USATF Certified and recognized by the RRCA.
• The start of the race will be at 9:00 AM. (Early arrival is strongly encouraged: 6:30 — 8:30 AM). Last bus will depart the designated parking area for the race at 8:25 AM.
• All participants and spectators will undergo security screening as this is a race on airport property. Security restrictions will be in effect.
• A government issued photo identification (Driver’s lic, Passport, etc) is required at the security screening checkpoint. The only exception will be minors (17 years or younger) who must have a supervising adult provide acceptable identification on behalf of the underage runner, or the minor may have a local school or community ID.
• All participants in the race will be subjected to vetting through the Transportation Security Administration’s No Fly List. Participants could be subjected to extra security screening.
• Plan to leave backpacks and purses home. Only a runner's belt or fanny pack will be allowed. A clear plastic bag will be provided for all personal items (subject to search), and a staffed bag drop will be available.
• Free parking will be available at the Airport’s P6 economy lot (approximately 3/4 mile away).
• Buses will be available to take you to Building 157, or you can walk/jog to the start line via the sidewalk. (Allow yourself plenty of time to walk or ride the shuttle bus. We recommend you arrive 2 hours earlier than the start of the race.)
• No weapons allowed, to include Law Enforcement Officers and Carry Permit holders.
• Strollers are not permitted in the race, however, they are allowed in the spectator area.
• For safety, Adults must accompany younger children (12 years and younger) along the race course.
• No bicycles, wheelchairs, skate boards, motorized scooters, etc will be allowed on the course.
• Water, fruits and snacks will be available.
• Entrance Fee: $40.00